This is a journal of our families adventures in Unschooling, Uncooking
and reThinking everything we've been told is 'reality'!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I am so happy we unschool!

I have been playing all day today with my kids. We flick in and out of modes, ipad, i do a little washing, picnic on the garden table under the trees which turns into climbing and throwing balls, Dora the Explorer, creating interesting raw puddings, Angry Birds, walking and running with the dogs in the park, pointing out interesting things, talking and we always meet someone interesting, all on our hands and knees as Lotus props herself up ready to crawl....we play with what we want and M(4) feels no pressure to do anything he doesn't want to do, and no judgement on any way he chooses to spend his time.

Our lives are all about choice. We have chosen as a family to endeavor as best we can to meet everyone's needs on any given day, Mossy is part of the decision making process as much as Dad and Mum. If Peck isn't off to Arboriculture school or work, we figure out ways we can make the day fun and interesting for all or also, if something has to be done, we find ways of giving that person the time and space to achieve his/her plan.

Today I loved linking in with the ReThinking Everything website, among a couple of others it is a blog/site I lurk around and listen to leading edge thinkers speak about the New Paradigm and fresh ways to co create with life. I get a buzz high when I am hearing things that so totally resonate and can easily see that I am on a huge journey that just keeps getting more and more and MORE exciting! I feel aligned when I am living this way, this way of no schedules, this free form life where we choose our own adventure daily.

I wanted to share some sites that make me smile, feel aligned and empowered on this path. There are heaps out there, I am really preferring to sit on the latest thinking and so I will share things that I find fun here:

http://werhumansbeing.com/

http://www.clanofparents.com/


A beautiful interesting blog about a travelling unschooling family.

http://www.rethinkingeverything.net/learning-from-kids#!__freedom


A place I like to hang out and tune in to the wicked podcasts that are SO exciting. For example today I listened to Barb Lundgren interview Oren Harris:

Topic: Living at the Speed of Spirit

Oren is a Life Transformation coach and flow master. He has helped thousands of people transform their lives. He currently mentors spiritual and personal development leaders/coaches, aspiring teachers, and those who are ready to harness the incredible power of THE FLOW.

Oren is one of the most natural, diverse, and talented speakers in the world today. He has shared the stage with many well-known thought leaders such as Neale Donald Walsh, Dr. Demartini, and Dr. Dennis Waitley.

His ability to take universal truths that can be difficult for the mind to understand and communicate them in a way that is profoundly simply is astounding. Although his words can penetrate straight to your core, its even more powerful, the space that he holds that allows individuals to have a direct experience that goes beyond understanding and belief into KNOWING.

Oren is an avid explorer of consciousness who is constantly exploring and bringing forth-new paradigms and potentials from the infinite field of possibilities to assist in evolving humanity.

Despite his impressive accolades and abilities, his greatest asset is his ability to fully be himself and see others in their full potential!

You can listen here:

http://recordings.freeconferencecalling.com/mp3/537274/537274/MN2124_04272011131205451_1050741.mp3



I am so excited to be sharing my life in partenership with my kids. I am learning more and more everyday, expanding myself so much. I am grateful to them for showing me whole new ways to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Holly!

    thank you for sharing a snippet of your daily life, I find this wonderful. I support and believe in following all our inspirations through out the day(s) it truly is a blessing from life itself :-) much love you and your inspired family! <3

    ReplyDelete